Mother Mary Says

Thursday, January 05, 2006

The dryer

We have an inside laundry room off our kitchen. For all the years we have had our dog, we have had his water and food dishes there. We turn on the radio and put down his bed there when we leave. It is his safe room.
Well, this week, he has decided that it is scary in there. Seems that the dryer is a monster out to get him. We think maybe it came on on it's own when he was closed in there at some point. No matter how hungry or thirsty he is, he will not go in there to eat or drink now. It is so pathetic to see. I have to move it to the kitchen so him.
All this has made me think of sheep. They are dumb, dirty and defenseless. That is why they need a shepherd. Someone has to look out for them, making sure they don't eat poisonous weeds. If they fall over, they are like turtles. They can't get back up alone. They need the shepherd to turn them over again. And they will not drink from rapid moving water. It's too scary. They are just like Buddy in that respect.
People needs a shepherd too, Jesus. He said he is the Good shepherd. He never deserts his sheep and will deal with weeds, water and so much more. He calms, them bringing them to quiet waters where they will not be scared.
He calms me when I am afraid by taking me aside and having me rest in His care. I can trust him.
Now if I can only get Buddy to trust me again about the laundry room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home