Mother Mary Says

Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006

I love the first of each year. I get out the new calendar with all blank spaces. I get out my new journal to record what God says to me each day. I get a new prayer journal to record the answers God gives, even the nos.
Last year had it joys and challenges. Jon had too many medical appointments, though we are so glad that none were life threatening. We purchased a new car, though not in the way or time that we planned. We made new friends and deepened relationships with old ones.
We saw two of our grandsons survive Amtrak rides that got stuck in Truckee on more than one occasion. We saw two grandsons live through a harrowing bus ride to Modesto, by way of the Oakland bus depot. We were surprised with the news of a growing great child - baby Jenson as I have come to call her/ him as I pray for her/ him.
We rejoiced that our daughters celebrated another year of marriage to great guys. We too celebrated another year- number 33 to be exact. That in itself is God's miraculous grace at work. I turned 60 with a surprise party with my two daughters!!!!
Yet as I look at my blank calendar for 2006, I have cause to wonder if I have what it is going to take to face what the year brings. Then God reminded me of one of my favorite verses. King David said:
All the day so my life were written in a book( God's book about me) before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:16
What a reminder that I may not know the details about my tomorrow but I know Who holds tomorrow and I know Who holds my hand.
So bring it on .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home