Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Change

I know that I said I like the new year and new beginnings, but in another sense I hate change. Perhaps that is my OCD kicking in? So many things change. My weight changes, believe me. My hair color has changed, though my faithful hair dresser keeps it the same as far as the world can see. Friends can change, move, or be alienated from me and some have this last year.
One of the changes I am bugged about the most right now is the price of stamps. I do email lots but I do write snail mail notes too and hate to have to pay 2 cents more beginning Monday. Ugh. Maybe it is the fault of all those emailers??? It will not stop me from writing but it is one change I am not happy about.
Change is not a factor with God. Jesus said He is the same, yesterday, today and forever. There is a big word, 'immutable', to describe that but unchanging is enough for me. In my changing world, I am glad that I can count on God to be the one stable point in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home