Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Jump right in

I am still thinking about the jump of faith you have to take to see that God is all He says He is. It is not blind faith since we can know who He is from the Bible. For example:
a - awesome
b Beautiful
c- comforter
d- dependable
e- eternal
f- Father
g Gracious
h Holy
I immutable( unchangeable)
Well you get the idea.
Also it depends what your faith is in. The Christian's faith is in Jesus, son of God, Savior.
The illustration that comes to my mind comes from when our girls were small. I took them to the public pool to swim. Deborah, ever our brave one, at age 3 climbed to the top of the slide and then did not want to go down. The other kids were mad, to say the least. Ruth had to go up and push her down to my waiting arms. She was not sure about the water, but she knew that I was there and would not let her drown. She could not trust herself, but she could trust me.
In the same way, we know we can't keep trusting ourselves forever since we let ourselves down too often. But the Bible helps us know that we can trust God when we jump into his arms. So give it a try- jump and he will be another E word- the everlasting arms underneath you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home