Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Taxes

I have a dear friend who had shock yesterday. Her tax bill so much more than she could have imagined. I still wonder if there is an error? But I know that it can happen. My friend Phyllis faces this most years with such a faith that it never fails to bless me. She just knows that God will provide, somehow.
That reminded me of the story of King Hezekiah. Like my friend, he was facing insurmountable problems. He was surrounded by an enemy king and there was no way of escape. The king sent a letter with his messenger saying, Do not think that the god you depend on is truthful when he says that you will not be handed over to me. Surely you have heard of all the other kings I have conquered. Do you think that you will be delivered? No way.
Hezekiah knew that if it depended on him, the nation was is in big trouble. But he knew where to turn.
I love the next part of this:
He took the letter into the temple and spread it out before God.
" Give ear Lord and hear; open your eyes and see this letter. See how he insults you, the living God. It is true that he has laid waste these other nations. They had to throw their gods into the fire for they were no good.
Now, O God, deliver us from his hand so that all kingdoms of the earth may know hat you alone are God."
I told my friend to do the same thing. Take the tax bill to God and ask him to provide in ways she could not foresee as a testimony to the family around her. I challenged her to trust God and not be afraid. God is a faithful God.
Between now and 4-15-2006 I wait to see what God is going to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home