Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Lion

Last weekend we took a day trip to Vision Quest which is a wild animal preserve in the heart of Monterey county ( Salinas to be exact!). We were taken with all the wild things there but Josef, the Alpha lion, reached my heart. You can see him at wildthingsinc.com. I could have stayed there all day just watching him.
He has this amazing way of roaring to let the females where he is- kind of like 'Marco Polo', that water game. He roared with his whole body. I can't even describe it.
As I watched him ,I thought of Aslan in the Witch, the lion and the wardrobe, who stands for the Lion of Judah. I wanted to bury my face in his mane. I remember Mr. Beaver saying that of course Aslan was not tame, but he was good.
God is like that mighty lion. His roar is heard in every corner of the world , still when you are in trouble, you can run to him and bury your face in his mane. There you will find strength for your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home