Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Mercy

Today I was thinking about mercy- not getting what you deserve. That is different from justice- getting what you deserve or grace, getting what you don't deserve. It plays out like this:
You get a speeding ticket. You appear in court.
Justice - you pay the $250.00 fee.
Mercy - The judge reduces the fee to $100.00!
Grace - The judge pays the fee himself.
I am thankful for God's mercy- not giving me what I deserve- eternity apart from Him
But even more I am thankful for His grace- Giving me what I don't deserve. He gives me the gift of spending eternity with HIM! I can't earn that. It is a free gift given to me by God because of Jesus paying my fee for sin.
I am so glad for a merciful,gracious God. There is not like HIM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home