Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The candle

Another thing I love about Christmas is getting new candles to burn. Well I thought they were to burn. We do have quite a few new ones. We got a new double wick from a friend in mulberry. We brought home to small ones in decorating votive holders from Pacific Grove. I have a fun snowman holder for melts I got for my birthday last year and put in the sugar cookie scent. We even moved the Boston fern out for December and purchased a very large red candle to sit tall on the white cement pedestal.
What good are candles if you can"t burn them and enjoy the fragrances? So I was busy lighting them when Jon said,
" Don't burn those."
"Why"?
"I got them so you have them for your party next week and I don't want you to burn them up before then."
I grumbled under my breathe, "But some of them are huge." But I remember that a soft answer turns away wrath.
"Thanks for decorating with that in mind. I will observe your suggestion."
Remember this song about Jesus shining out of your life?
This little light of mine.
I'm going to let it shine.
I guess it had better be my life and not my candles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home