Mother Mary Says

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Perseverance

My husband is my model of perseverance. For example, he got a flu shot last Friday and still have the bandaid on from it! I can't leave a bandaid on for five minutes. He will keep at a project long after I would have given up. In fact, I give up pretty easily on a frustrating activity. I tried guitar lessons. The book said I could play in five easy minutes. When that did not happen I gave up, much to my sadness now.
This week I tried a new knitting pattern. It was for a scarf and you cast on 400 stitches but only had to knit 20 rows. Somehow I cast on some of the stitches too tight and could not move them from one needle to the other and after several maddening tries cut the whole thing off and went back to a tried and true pattern.
That cutting reminded me of my Father. My Mother had a massive stroke at age 50 and was left paralyzed on the right side of her body. My dad was so sweet to care for her. One day he got the zipper stuck on her dress and after a few unsuccessful tries cut her out of the dress! Seems to run in the family.
Perseverance is an evidence of the Holy Spirit in your life. Jesus does not give up on his undisciplined disciples or His rebellious believers. His love never fails. In fact, he endured the shame and pain of the cross for the joy that was set before him in eternity, having redeemed people at his side. I guess that that is my problem, I am not willing to look to the future and want things quck and easy NOW. May God build that quailty in my life. I sure need it.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    here's hoping that Pop doesn't have to cut you out of any clothing any time soon. Love and miss you,

    deb

     

Post a Comment

<< Home