Mother Mary Says

Friday, December 02, 2005

Yet another car story

Jon is recovering from his medical procedure but he has been home for a couple of extra days to get his strength back. Last night as I was headed to Bible study he told me to take the new car. Knowing how he felt when I drove it on Tuesday, I was surprised.
I said, " I don't want the stress of worrying about someone hitting it while I am gone."
Jon replied," That is silly. You should not feel any pressure from me. I know that you will drive carefully. Take it."
I took the line of least resistance since I was already late. Really it drives so easily and the sound system is much better that my car. Actually that is not saying much since I only have a radio and the car is 14 years old.
As I was driving along ,I realized that I have come to feel that the good car belongs to Jon and the funky car is mine. In reality that is how they get driven but Jon doesn't act that way. It is all in my head, as though I don't deserve the good car!
Then God reminded me that every good and perfect gift comes from Him. How quickly I had forgotten how he had provided this new car despite so many obstacles. So I happily drove along, singing my heart out in praise to the Great Provider.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home