Mother Mary Says

Monday, November 28, 2005

Play it again

This last week we saw a movie we had already seen, Holes. We first heard about it from our grandson Gabriel when he was reading it at school. When it came to the theater we went to see it. It is a great guys film but held this Grandma's attention too.
This last week we saw it again, twice! Once at home and once at someone else's house after turkey dinner. I can now tell you many of the funny parts, verbatim, just like Deborah used to do. She would see a show at her dad's house. Then she would repeat it, seemingly word for word.
I also saw scenes that I have missed in the previous viewing. Things that made sense of the movie.
There are very few films that I have seen more than once. A trip to Bountiful is an exception to that rule. My dear Deborah has watched that with me several times and cried with me too.
As I was thinking about the cultural habit of seeing a movie in the theater and then buying it to watch again and again at home, I thought of the true story a friend of mine told. She was reading her Bible and her husband said, seriously," when are you going to finish that book. You have sure been a long time reading it." I laughed with her but his innocent remark came back to me today. Just as others watch movies again and again, I read and re-read my Bible and never tire of it. And like my friend Barbara, won't ever be finished since I see something new everytime.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so true - I am constantly saying to Sharon, "I didn't know that verse was in here!" or other equally goofy things!!

    ~R~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home