Mother Mary Says

Friday, November 18, 2005

Rest

I found myself dealing with unrest yesterday. You know, that feeling of tightness in your middle that is not from what you ate. It was uneasiness and turmoil mixed together and caused by a situation I had not control over but desperately wanted to. No matter how I rehearsed the outcome, I could not reassure myself that it would come out to my satisfaction. I went to bed anxious about it all and woke with the same feeling. I tried to read my Bible this morning but the gnawing was so distracting. Finally I dropped to my knees and told the Lord that I wanted to be free of this. I cried out for peace and relinquished control to Him.
My mind was now empty of the problem and I was able to here the Spirit speak Psalm 23 to me:
'The Lord is my Shepherd
I have all I need.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.'
The thought came to me of how you can't lie down and rest unless you trust the place you are resting. I should have had a quiet mind trusting that God was Sovereign and had the issue already tended to. He did not need me to worry at it, gnawing it over and over like a bone. Or going over it again and again like rocking in a rocking chair- busy but going nowhere. What peace came to me. I realized that changing my focus from my puny resources to God's unlimited ones had freed my mind of anxious thoughts and rote thinking .
I was free to rest now and glad of it. Worry is so wearing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home