Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Do you trust me?

There is another movie that I have seen several times with Deborah called " Some kind of wonderful" It is a sappy chick flick. But there is a famous, at least to us, line in it that came to me today in another setting. The line goes like this: " Do you trust me? I trust you". Of course the jerk in the movie is not trustworthy but that is another story.
This is what happened today that triggered that memory:
Jon had a medical procedure that left him woozy. I had to drive him home, much to his dismay. Not only did this aggravate his dizziness, but it was driving his NEW CAR. It had gotten dark by the time that we left and the 5:00 traffic was bad. He tried to tell me which route to take but I told him to relax. Ha! Twice on the way home we barely escaped accidents as speeders weaved in and out of traffic or ran red lights. He was visibly shaken and almost frantic. I stated those classic words" Don't' you trust me?"
In a flash ,I saw my life as I face situations over which I have no control. Like Jon, I often plead with God to take another route or deal with the circumstances differently, more to my liking. And just as often God whispers to me" Don't you trust me?" I will remember next time that just as I had things under control tonight, in a greater way, God has my life under his control and he never makes mistakes. When I can't read his mind or alter it, I can trust his heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home