Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Sticky Star

Here is the latest:
No 'star' stuck today. Jon had me beat the bushes in the patio with a hoe while he watched from the house. I did not find a dead 'star' only the sticky tray- empty. Ugh!
Then, just now while I was on the phone with Jon I saw IT! Long tail and all.
A chance conversation with my Santa Cruz son-in-law earlier in the day revealed that 'star' like peanut butter. I have just dribbled some on the sticky tray. Now we wait again.
To double our chances of success, we have also put bait outside the garage door, lest they come through the crack and attack Jon when he gets out of the car this evening. I hope to have good news tomorrow.
I am sure that the 'star' can relate to the saying of Mark Twain" My demise was greatly exaggerated".
I think that this all proves that you have to be vigilant in cleaning out all traces of the selfish nature. It can come back so fast, only having hidden under ground waiting for the next quiet moment to destroy your peace, your joy, and/ or your security. Be on the alert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home