Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Star update

Last night Jon brought home the most amazing 'trap'. It is made of Styrofoam about the size of a meat packing tray. It is covered with sticky stuff and bait. The idea is that the' star' will step into the tray to get the tasty bait and get stuck. Are you asking the questions I did? Then what? I presume that then I will have to hit the thing on the head with a shovel so that peace and safety will reign again in my little domain.
Before bed Jon and I set the trap. Today, no 'star', stuck or otherwise. I did not see him at lunch and the tray empty. When I got home this evening after an afternoon out, the tray was not only empty- it is gone. Now where can a 'star' go with a tray stuck to his feet? Certainly not over the fence. Jon wanted me to check through the ivy in the yard- but no way. I drew the line there.
So for now, it will have to wait until I smell it and then collect it for the trash. Until then, Jon has declared the backyard off limits. I asked him to whom.
" To me," he replied.
I have seen fly paper where flies get stuck on it, but this is my first' rodent tape'
As I thought about the 'star' in my yard somewhere trapped, I thought about a young woman of my acquaintance who is also in a trap. She, like the 'star', was drawn there by her own internal desire. Then she was dragged away , stuck. The bait was appealing but now the truth has hit and she must fight to get free. If not, she, like the 'star', will find that desire will give birth to death.
Unlike the 'star', she has a power source in the Lord if she will only call out to Him. There is great hope for her.
The Message puts Romans 5:5 this way:
In alert expectancy( hope) for whatever God will do next, we are never left feeling short changed. Quite the contrary. We can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives by His Holy Spirit, the greatest of which is his love.
Stay tuned on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home