Mother Mary Says

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Who cares?

This morning as Buddy and I began our early morning walk I came upon the evidence that 'the cat' had done real damage during the night. There were dozens of soft cream colored feathers under the pansies in the front yard. I felt so sad. I have come to love the little birds that come to my yard. To think that one was demolished while I slept. Funny that Buddy slept through it too.
So who cares you might say. One little bird is not that important. But to God it is. Jesus said that God knows when one sparrow falls.
But there is another thought in that passage that is vital to know. We are more valuable to God than the sparrows. I know that I have days when I fell about as unimportant as that little one who died under the pansies in my yard. Yet God says he cares about me deeply and knows even the number of hairs on my head! Now that is the extent of God's attention to the details of my life. Why? Because he loves me so much. He loves you that way too. Never forget that.
So if this is a day you are feeling very small, remember you are precious and dearly loved the Father. That gives you a value no one can take away.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    M, Mary, sure the birds are important. And reading your story day in and out, is just as important to some also.

    Luvs ya!

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love how Max Lucado puts it: If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it! That's how crazy He is about you!

    Ruth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home