Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Actions speak louder than words

In her teen years our Ruth had a crush on 'Blondie". He cycled in and out of her life, moving on to greener pasture and returning to grace her tender heart again. On one of those recycles, we returned home to find him on our doorstep, literally, talking to Ruth. He was all charm and she was all smiles. We expressed our doubt to him that he would be faithful to our daughter, though I can't remember what we really said. I am sure it seemed like an emotional ice bucket to her.
The next day I wrote him a note, as is my practice when things hit me. I enclosed a verse from Proverbs:
Many a man proclaims his own loyalty, but who can find a trustworthy man?

Within that week, Jon and I saw him riding in our neighborhood in his convertible, with the top down, charming the sox off a lovely blond, who was NOT our daughter.
As my Father used to say,' actions speak louder than words.'
That is how I see Michael Schiavo. On the one hand he declares he wants ( and knows) what's best for his wife. On the other, he has a girl friend and two kids, born while Terri has been in the hospital. So as far as I can see, he is about a trustworthy as 'Blondie', but old enough to know better.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I so love your blog, Mary. It is beautiful and I read it every day. Even though this is my first "post." :) My heart is breaking for Terri's family and for her, herself. She seems so full of life and smiles.
    ~ Elizabeth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home