Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

No

Today began with a very persistent telemarketer. This company has called at least 10 times in the last 7 days. Once I answered and told them I was not interest in their time share. Today I answered before I had my glasses so he caught me. I explained that I had told them no last week and to STOP calling me.
But they did not get the message because when I came home from running errands, they had called again. Now, what about NO did they not get?
I looked up both the word persistent and the word nag to see what good Old Webster had to say.
Nag: continuing source of annoyance, to irritate by constantly urging.
Persistent: to go on resolutely or stubbornly in spite of opposition.
Both fit this company. Now maybe the caller gets a commision off those who say yes. I don't know and I don't care. I just want it to stop.
Just so you know, God is not that way. He offers a gift, no strings attached. If you chose to not receive his love, that is your choice and he will not force you. He is, after all a gentleman. That's more that I can say for the telemarketer.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    by law if you tell them to take you off the list, they must. if they call again after that, you can take them to small claims court and win a nice little sum automatically (i'd have to research again to remember how much).

    so just tell them you're familiar with the law & know that they are required to take you off of their list if you ask them not to call again. usually threatening them with complaints to the FTC and BBB are enough (but we shouldn't have to go that far).

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oops. typed my web address wrong on the last one. hee!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home