Mother Mary Says

Monday, April 04, 2005

Do overs

Today started too early. I woke from a bad dream at 2:00 AM having gone to bed only two hours earlier. I could not go back to sleep so got up, make tea and read my Bible. Finally , sleepy I crawled back into bed and must have slept hard.
Buddy woke me at 7:15, late since we had to take the car to be serviced today. I got dressed and headed out the door. Guess who was in the courtyard? " The cat" ! Buddy went ballistic. I had to close the door quick and calm him, if such a thing is possible. I squeezed out the door and shooed the cat away. Buddy was champing at the bit. He had no intention of hurrying today, no matter how bad he needed to go. He was on the hunt. We walked back and forth for 15 + minutes and finally he gave into 'nature's call' and was now in a hurry to get home and eat.
I came in the door grumbling. Not a very nice way for Jon to start his day.
I rushed through my morning routine, including oatmeal, a shower, stretches and reading my Bible. Then off to the car dealership.
I was tired, grumpy and restless. I settled into a knitting project but finally gave up, not being able to concentrate. Jon sat next to me, contentedly reading the paper.
Then, the unthinkable happened. A nice man sat next to me and opened a bag of corn nuts. The smell made me salivate. I buy them rarely, knowing they are high in salt and probably not good for me. But on this day, they smelled so good. And do you think he offered me even one? NO!!! Now I was really grumbling to myself.
He cleaned up the whole bag and went to collect his car while we waited some more.
By the time we got home the whole morning was gone and I was grouchy, irritated and just feeling unpleasant.
Then it hit me. I am so glad that God allows do overs. So after lunch, I will have to take my complaining attitude to the Father and ask for forgiveness and do the rest of my day with a lighter heart and cheerier attitude. Then I think a nap is in order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home