Mother Mary Says

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Sneaking around

My dog is driving me crazy, well crazier. For the last two nights he has awakened us barking hysterically at a cat, on the patio cover - in the middle of the night , mind you! How he can see her is a mystery to us. He sleeps in the corner of our bedroom, on the floor by my side of the bed. The bed is between him and the sliding glass door. What wakes him up? He can't smell her since the door is closed.
Worse, he not only barks but lunges at the glass door. I sit right up out of a dead sleep and yell for him to stop. The commotion must cause her to jump on to the next roof and pass out of sight. Then ,and only then, he finally settled down.
This morning I finally saw the culprit. A very large cat. Perhaps she is all hair, I am not sure. But I saw her sneaking around under my dining room window. I know that she was trying to catch one of the doves who feed under the patio table. I would suspect her of the murder yesterday except there were no feathers tossed around to show a struggle.
She is the same cat that I sprayed with water a couple of weeks ago when our dog saw her from the front room. She was over where the sparrows nest in the bushes. I see that he is trying to protect our property and I appreciate that, I really do. But, why at 3 AM???
All this sneaking around brings to mind, lions, the cat relative. Have you seen them on some nature show creeping through the long grass to grab some unsuspecting gazelle or worse yet, baby giraffe? They look for a weak one and drag it off before anyone realizes it. Snip, snap and it's gone.
The apostle Peter called the devil a roaring lion seeking someone to devour. I can picture that more fully now and see how he too looks for the weak believer, and drags him off before anyone knows what is going on. He degrades the value God has for his children. He casts doubt on the goodness of God. You may have heard his voice:
" If God was so good why did he.....?"
I have heard that voice, usually at a low moment emotionally. But all is not lost if I remember that he is toothless. Jesus won over him and I only have to call for the Savior and the 'lion' will slink away. He know he is powerless.
Now if I can just get that sneaky cat to slink away or better yet, stay away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home