Mother Mary Says

Monday, April 18, 2005

Directions please

Why do men resist directions? Today Jon took his new Weed-Eater over the fence to whack down the weeds around our trees. The city will be through soon to spray weeds and last year they got our trees and we lost one. So a little prevention is in order.
When Jon turned the thing on, it did not start. I sweetly asked if he had read the directions. Wrong question! So I walked back around to the house and threw over the instructions. Soon I heard the contraption running noisily.
Now, I want to know why he did not read the information first? Am I just so insecure that I have to study it all out before I use something new? Or is there something more going on here?
As I mumbled about this to myself later in the day, I thought about how God must feel that same way. He wrote an instruction manual for us and we all, men and women alike tend to run life without it. Yet, it tells about how to have joy when under pressure, peace in the midst of tension, patience when dealing with frustrating situations and fellowship when lonely. Guess I had better take my own advice and check out God's instructions for patience.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We have a saying in our house -- well, the men have a saying! "Instructions?! We don't need no stinking instructions!!"

    Ruth :)

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    instructions are the last thing I use... butthen I am a man.. and I know how to do all. hehe

    M.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home