Mother Mary Says

Sunday, March 06, 2005

What fragrance?

Today as I opened a jar of new Avon moisturizer, the fragrance reminded me of my Mother who died in 1978. Isn't amazing that the powerful computer in our brain can recall that smell after so many years. As I applied the lotion, I grew very nostalgic. I began to think about my Mom and to miss her. I drifted into melancholy as I wondered if I was a good daughter. Then I thought about my own daughters and pondered if they would miss me when I was gone? Would they have a particular fragrance they would remember me by?
The Apostle Paul says that"everywhere believers go, people breathe in the exquisite fragrance of Christ from their lives. They give off a sweet scent rising to God, recognized by those who are seeking the way of salvation."
That's the fragrance I want my family to remember me by.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mary, that is beautiful.

    -Matthew-

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cinnabar and Sweet Honesty, the smell of garlic sizzling in the pan, french toast and ivory soap. So many more, of course, that I won't recognize until much later, years from now when they hit me with that particular sense of longing.

    - Deb

     

Post a Comment

<< Home