Mother Mary Says

Friday, February 25, 2005

It's who you know.

Several years ago we took a trip to the Pacific Northwest which included Victoria. We stayed the night before in Port Angeles. The next morning we caught the ferry for the island. Originally we had planned to drive our car onto the ferry but at the last minute changed our plans and just left it parked at the Motel.
It was a great ride over until the loudspeaker announced that all passengers should gather their ID for deboarding. In that moment I realized that my purse and thus my ID was in the trunk of my car in Port Angeles!
"Oh, no," I whispered to Jon," my ID is in the car! I hope that you enjoy Victoria. I will just have to ride back and forth until you are ready to go home since they will not let me in without ID.( I come from a long line of martyrs.)
" Oh, get over it". Jon quipped." get in line and we will just fake it( this was before 9-11).
Of course he was right and they let me in. I was so relieved. We had a wonderful day and all too soon it was time to reboard the ferry. While my lack of an ID was not crucial entering Canada, it was to re-enter the US. As we got nearer to the official, Jon joked to those in line around us," I don't know this lady. She just picked me up in town".
I gave him a dirty look, hoping to cover my rising hysteria. Finally I was face the face with the agent. I began my story about having left my purse in the car, etc. She just glared at me and told me to "step aside into that other line". So much for the hope of getting home.
When we moved to the front of that line, the man looked at me like I was stupid.
" Do you know this woman?" he asked Jon. "Will you vouch for her?"
"Yes, she is my wife and I will be responsible for her".
Whew, they let me back into my own country. But only because of who I knew.
The same applies to heaven. If you know Jesus personally, he will tell the Father," She is with me".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home