Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Me, a handyman?

You can't imagine my surprise when I opened my mail on Friday to discover an invitation to be an official member of the Handymen Club of America! I have never seen myself as a weekend warrior. I am tool challenged and only know the names of a few tools. I can identify the hammer and know that there are two types of screw drivers, well three if you include a butter knife. I think that I know the difference between a wrench and a pair of pliers, but I wouldn't want to put that knowledge to the test under pressure. My former boss would never send me to bring him a tool, knowing that I would not come back with the right thing.
I wonder what the qualifications are to be a card carrying handyman? ( That sounds like a card carrying member of the NRA.) Maybe it is being a good gofer. Now, as I just told you, that is questionable when referred to me. Perhaps it had to do with being a sidewalk superintendent. To be honest, I tend to wander off if nothing exciting is happening so my supervisory skills are lacking too.
Then it hit me. It must be that I fulfill God's prerequisite in II Tim 2:15. It says that a workman who does not need to be ashamed correctly explains the Word, making it plain and simple. So I'll carry my card and smile at God's application.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You go girl!!!

    - Matthew -

     

Post a Comment

<< Home