Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Log in my eye

You may remember my story about my very expensive gas . Now, if I am anything, it is cheap, so my grandson pumping in the most expensive gas was a 'burr under my saddle' so to speak. But I never mentioned it to him.
Today we met at KFC for a "date" and I had to confess to my own error. First I told him about the last time he pumped gas for me. I quickly followed that up with my own story.
It happened on Monday evening. My little car has a problem with the gas gauge so that when it hits 1/4, it then suddenly dropped to empty and then back to 1/4. I never know which is right. Monday evening I decided to play it safe and put in some gas. I used my ATM and began pumping unleaded( which was bad enough at $2.13) I looked up to see that I had hit $2.23 and that the higher priced gas was sloshing into my tank rapidly. There was no way to stop or change horses in mid stream ,as it were.
Well, of course, the point of this whole thing was what my Dad used to say" the pot calling the kettle black." Or as Jesus put it, take the log out of your own eye so that you can see to take the speck out of your brother's or grandson's eye. Lesson well learned by this Grandma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home