Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Turned on?

I carry a cell phone but seldom turn it on? It's my over reaction to those who seem to have one growing out of their ears 24/7 . You can be in a public bathroom and hear someone in the stall next to you holding a conversation. You wonder if they are talking to you! Often it is very personal information which makes it worse.
Then, there is the guy in the grocery store getting the list of what to bring home over the phone. Or the group of ladies whose look at each other when someone's purse 'rings'. You get the picture.
So when my family tries to call, nine times out of ten , my phone is off. It irritates Jon and probably others. Recently I discovered that I have voice mail but I don't check that very often either.
Then today God showed me that he was trying to reach me with an urgent message and I didn't have my 'spiritual cell phone on'. I was busy doing my thing, thinking odd thoughts, going over my to do list and not aware that he wanted to communicate with me. It was when I stopped to reflect on a verse of scripture that He got my attention. The verse said, be still and know that I am God. The rest of the passage said that he was my refuge, my strength, my very present help, my fortress. That was just what I was needing to hear, so I have vowed to keep my spiritual cell phone on 24/7. But don't expect my physical one to get the same attention. Leave a message.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger NeoTheAwakeninging said…

    Thats is why I do not own a cell phone. By doing so I get some time to thing about reasons and ponder =) It has drawbacks though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home