Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Swindler?

In recent weeks there has been an ongoing investigate into the finances of the Daniloos in the newspaper. It seems that they were entrusted with money in escrow accounts and other real estate transactions and took millions for themselves. That activity seems so far removed from my life. No one entrusts their money to me, except my husband ,who expects me to pay the bills with it.
Then last week I was preparing a lesson on' being a responsible steward.' A steward is one who is entrusted with something that belongs to someone else and is to take care of it. Sounds reasonable. Until God showed me what he had entrusted to me, namely, money, time, spiritual gifts , my body and my family. He asked me to give an account of those things, one by one. I had to admit that I had forgotten that the money was his and had spent some of it carelessly. As far as my time, I had to admit that I often forget it is his too and waste it on nameless things that amount to nothing. Then we talked about my spiritual gifts and I defended myself there, saying,' but I am teaching.' He reminded me that there were other ways he gifted me that I needed to tend to.
By now I dreaded his asking about how I was doing with the body he gave me. I admitted that I was lazy and did not exercise and knew it was not good for me. I vowed to get out and walk again, as a start.
Lastly he asked how I was doing in caring for the people in my family. I had to admit that I had squandered time I could have spent with my husband and that I didn't regularly contact my girls.
The upshot is that I can now relate to the Daniloos. I too, have swindled things, but in my case it has been from God. But unlike their situation with the law, God is so gracious and has forgiven me and committed Himself once again to empower me to be a good steward. I vowed to remember that all these things belong to Him but are entrusted to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home