Mother Mary Says

Monday, January 31, 2005

Anxiety revisited

Our dog Buddy has a Doctorate in anxiety. Since we got him as a stray, we have not way of knowing what has caused it all, but fireworks, thunder, a nail gun near by or sometimes even the lid of a garbage hopper being dropped sends him into hysteria. He trembles, slinks around and tries to find a safe place. No matter how much we reassure him that we are right here, and will protect him, he continues to be panicked.
Today it was a nail gun on a near by subdivision which sent him over the edge. He tried to get into shower with me! After I dried off, I sat on the floor and stroked his fur and repeated to him" I'm right here, Nothing can harm you. Relax.'
Then I heard God say 'It's the same with you Mary. When you feel so anxious and are panicked emotionally, remember that I am right here. One of my names is Emanuel- God with you. ' Then I thought of Psalm 139 where David tells how about God is in front of me, behind me and has His hand on me. There is nowhere that I can go that He is not there . So wherever I am is safe.
So next time that I am anxious, I will think of Buddy and the way God is so faithful to be there for me, as I am for my dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home