Mother Mary Says

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Merciful Ruth

Today I want to share about my first born and why we named her Ruth. I so longer for a baby to love and nurture. She actually is my second child but my first born since her brother Daniel went from womb to heaven in one fell swoop.
Her name means warm, friendly and welcoming. She is named for perhaps the most merciful character in the Bible, besides God Himself. I adore the love story of Ruth and Boaz but it is her ability to put her Mother- in- law's needs above her own that touches my heart the deepest. Who has not heard of her great speech that says ' 'Don't ask me to leave you and turn back. I will go wherever you go and live wherever you live. Your people will be my people and your God, my God. I will die where you die and will be buried there. "
How prophetic that name has been as my Ruth has a double portion of that mercy. Oh, yes, she came make you laugh so hard you have to hold your sides. But let her see someone who is fragile emotionally or in need and she oozes compassion just like her namesake. She has been a blessing to me and so many others too.
She may blog her thoughts here from time to time so enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home