Mother Mary Says

Monday, February 21, 2005

Fuel for the soul

On one of our recent trips, a billboard caught my eye. To my chagrin, I don't remember which car it was advertising, but the words are what stuck in my mind," fuel for the soul".
When it comes to that unknown vehicle, there are many possibilities. My grandson Vincent would say that it was a Volkswagen bug. My son in law Mike would probably say a Camaro. Anyone who knows Jon would guess his answer would be a 911 Porsche.
But it was the catchy phrase and not the car that prompted this post. First of, what is the soul? My dictionary denotes that the soul is the non-material part of man. It is often broken down in the mind, will and emotions.
Next, what does the word fuel mean? Here again I consulted my trusty dictionary. It lists these definitions: What is used to produce power, what is the source of sustenance, what provides the necessities of life, gives, support, endurance and strength.
So my question at the time and what continues to run through my head is how can a car, whatever the make, fuel my soul? Or to put is another way, how can a mere vehicle provide the necessities for my mind, will and emotions?
The answer in my heart is echoed in a song by Dennis Jernigan:
Who can satisfy my soul like you
Who on earth could comfort me
And love me like you do?
Who could ever be more faithful, true?
I will trust in you
I will trust in you
My God.
Believe me, no car, even a Porsche can do that!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Mary: Do you have any idea the power of your words?

    I do.

    I was telling Dearsest D. and J. how incredible it is for you to be The blogging envey of challenged blogspotters. Nice to see it all come together by you. Nice to see your perspective and refreshing at the same time to enjoy the innocent truths displayed by your love of God:

    1) To see the woman.
    2) Digest your truths.
    3) Like them.

    Cant wait for more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home