Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sticking out all over.

The other day I had to go Levi shopping. I dreaded it. They are so hard to get to fit . Then too, I hate dressing rooms and their ugly mirrors. I look so different in them??? Even more, I hate taking my clothes off and putting them back on. I get hot and sweaty and cranky. Two changes are more than enough for me.
Anyway, yesterday was THE day. There were lots of things on sale and we had an additional 20% off plus a check for $6.55 to boot. Jon found two nice shirts and picked up a top for me with bright colors and the words Hawaii in flashy beads. Not sure if it is me, but we will see.
Then I went through the Levi’s. I like a certain brand and needed short, not regular, being 5’2”. I took several pair in to the dreaded dressing room to try on. I took off the pair I had on and discovered why it is uncomfortable and I seem to stick out of them at the top - it is a size 4! What was I thinking when I bought them??? I settled on a nice pair of size 6 short. When I got home I discovered that the pair I have at home that I love are size 8. No wonder I find them so comfortable! At any rate, I now have a new pair that look nice and feel good too.
As I was thinking about those size 4 pants and how I stick out all over, a story came to mind that I will repeat here as well as I can.
A young boy was told that if he asked Jesus, He would come in and fill his life. The boy commented but if God is so big and I am so small, won’t He stick out all over ? The pastor said, that was the point. God wants to stick out of your life, revealing Himself through you.
I am glad that God sticks out of my life. But my body doesn’t stick out of my Levi’s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home