Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Plant walking!!!

When I tell you this story, you will doubt that it is true. Then you will doubt the sanity of the story teller and the main character. Believe me, you had to see it to believe it.
Today Jon was doing another project in our patio. We have had this trumpet vine that has never amounts to much. It produces only a few trumpet flowers for the whole season. The main reason is that it does not get enough sun. But there is a lot of shade in our patio and this potted vine is very large and hard to move around. The best place for is, size wise, has been where it gets minimal morning sun only.
So today we decided to unpot the plant and plant it over the fence where it will get full sun and have a place to grow and climb to it’s heart content. First off, to unpot it ,was a hideous job requiring a large shovel and the two of us tugging. Even then it was not easy, as it was mostly roots and very little dirt. But finally we prevailed and got it up and out of the large clay pot. Now what to do.
Originally we had planned to drop it over the fence and go around to plant it. But that was going to impossible since it was so big. So I got a bright idea. Why not put it on the dolly and wheel it down the block, around the corner and down the bike path to the hole Jon had already dug. And that is what we did. What a sight we were as we wheeled the plant, minus the pot, down the block on the hand truck- like taking your plant for a walk. I kept laughing, honestly I could not help it. Jon did not think it was funny at all and wanted to hurry before we saw anyone we knew.
Finally we got it planted and watered and hopefully it will grow and be happy. I want lots of trumpet flowers flowing over the fence to delight me.
Now, I know that you can hardly believe what I have relayed. You also think that I am crazy or Jon is.
That is probably how people felt when the disciples relayed that Jesus had risen from the dead. No one had seen such a thing before. Nor had such a thing happened in history. They laughed at those who reported it , just as you did my story. Funny but not true they thought. Why did they finally believe? Eyewitnesses were willing to die for what they believed. Who would die for a lie? So it must have been true.
But I love what Jesus said, “Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.” That is me and you, too, if you chose to follow Him. We believe because someone who did see told the truth.
And you believe my story from today because I saw it and reported it and you know me.
Seeing is believing, but in God’s economy, believing is seeing with eyes of faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home