Mother Mary Says

Friday, December 15, 2006

New shoes?

Well, I have recovered from my funk over my shoes and nails. At least I think that I have.
Today I went to the mall with a friend and took my $10.00 off coupon at J. C Penneys' to the shoe department. All their boots were 50% off! I tried on 4 pairs and settled on one that my friend says looks good. I hope that it feel good after the first few minutes.
Then we visited her optical store and I saw a frame I really wanted. I noted in the mirror that mine was 'too loud'. When you look at my face, it screams frame and not lovely lady. So perhaps I will have to have new glasses too.
I know that I am frugal to the point of being frumpy at times. It bugs Jon I am sure. So I am going to work on a new look.
In the quiet of the evening God brought a new thought. While he loves for me to look lovely, I have once again spent time and now money on the outward appearance. He wants to redecorate my heart too. A new attitude, humility. A new mouth with gentle words. A new peace from contentment in any situation. A new emotional life with joy in the face of hard times. A new confidence from trusting God no matter what. Best of all, it costs me nothing financially. But it does cost my will surrendered to Him and his will for me. Sounds like a good trade and no sore feet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home