Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Is it just me?

Today has been one of those days. Jon and I just have not been on the same ’page’.
It began OK. I read Psalm 108 and rejoiced that God is my deliverer. I even sang a song about that- one the Rich Mullins wrote just before his death:
My deliverer is coming
My deliverer is standing by.

Well, that is part of it anyway.
Then I even got to go back to bed and nap before Breakfast. ( smile)
After taking Buddy to the park, we headed out on errands.
First we went the store to gather last minute things for tomorrow. Next I begged for Jon to stop at the nursery to get a gift for the hostess tomorrow. That is when the trouble began. I was just going to grab a cyclamen and pay. Jon browsed other things and we settled on a kalanchoe. So I put my plant back only to discover that the plant he picked was more expensive than what I had selected. So I went to retrieve the cyclamen and Jon appeared with a candle.
“ Hey, this is on sale ½ off. How about this in a gift bag? You would have to have a basket of the cyclamen. Do you have one??”
Did I mention that the candle was three dollars more than the cyclamen? And I was not SURE I had a basket at home. So candle it was.
Well ,on to the next stop, we browsed the antique shops for night stands and found nothing. Well, that is not quite true. I found a cute card, just right for Pamela with her surgery coming up. I asked Jon for the $2.25 since I had not cash.
“ You have cards at home ,don’t you?”
Well, of course I did, but that was not the point.
Oh well. Not worth making a federal case over.
Then on to one more place and bingo, we found the night stands AND lamps too at such a good price.
We had to take two trips to get the stuff home. After trip number 1, I took out stuff for lunch, including hot dogs from the freezer- a rare treat for Jon, not me. ( UGH!)
We unloaded the second night stand and I went up to place the lamps in the ‘red room’. Jon began his lunch and he had peanut butter and jelly.( not hot dogs)
Later we napped, though I really needed to be cleaning for company. But my eyes felt so heavy and the nap revived me.
Then Jon wanted help with a business project. We sat and began filling in paperwork. It required a check and I had brought one checkbook and he looked at me like I was crazy and said, “not that one.”
Well, how was I supposed to know? He must have thought the info in his head. I sure did not get the message.
Then dinner was another joke. I grabbed some veggies and added onions, garlic, and stewed tomatoes. I found some leftover shrimp and stirred in at the last minute and topped with parmesan cheese. Slices of potato& Rosemary bread complemented the meal. Add fresh fruit with cool whip. Yumo! Well, I thought so . Seems that Jon thought the shrimp was yucky and gave it to the dog( who did not mind!)
I claimed he was grumpy but maybe it was me. Maybe I had an unspoken agenda just like he did. Well, not maybe, I did. Why is it that we hate in others what we do ourselves.
Jesus talked about that.
Once there was a man who thought he was so wise
That he tried to give his friend just a little advice
But he could not get near him no matter how he tried
For a big log was poking from his eye.
Let me try, let me try
Let me try to take the splinter from your eye.
But he could not get near him, not matter how he tried
For a big log was poking from his eye.
Well, off to rinse my eyes out.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear some days are like that - even in Australia :) ~R~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home