Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Any portable potty in a storm

Some in my family are more discriminating than others - about their potty. Jon hates to go away from home. My Father told the story of a dog on the warship who would not go until they hit land.( this is an unverifiable story, I admit) Buddy will only go away from home. Deborah started a rating system a couple of years ago for public restrooms. Ruth, wrote a piece several years ago about the joy of the public restroom where no child or kitten is trying to attack you under the door and you get a full 2 minutes to yourself.
All this bathroom talk was prompted by my early morning walk with Buddy today. It was 5:45 AM , windy and very rainy. I was trying to hurry him, but to no avail. He had to smell every leaf on the block- then re-smell( if there is such a word) again, looking for the perfect place. No pushing or nudging with my knee would budge him from his search. After what seemed like forever we hurried home where I had to dry him off before I could even think about entering the house. I vowed to purchase a raincoat and boots for both of us if this is an ugly, wet winter.
I am the least discriminating of all the family. I used a outhouse for many months in my junior year of high school. I even had an old fashioned chamber pot under the bed for those dark cold nights! We have way too many pictures of me going into or out of a public restroom. I can go just about anywhere. Any potty in a storm, unlike my dog.
I well remember my Reno air races story when Ruth was three and Deborah 4 months old. An unnamed someone enjoyed the races while I stood in the portable potty line with a three old and a tiny baby. That story repeated itself, as history often does, when Deborah was 25 and Micah 2 at the Castle Air Force base air show. I had to take Micah to the portable potty, undo his diaper, try to get him to pee, avoiding putting my hand or head in the urinal in the close space or dropping him in, never to be seen again.
Don’t even get me started on the 100 ways you can lose the seat protector before you sit on it. It might fry your brain. You can see that I spend a lot of time in bathrooms, public or otherwise and any one will do.
But when it comes to my faith or my God, I am very discriminating. Only Jesus is the way to God the Father. I won’t budge from that. In a storm, I only want Jesus .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home