Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I'll Love you forever

Deb's response to my post yesterday brought back a favorite book. When she and her sister were adults we gave them each that children's book and even sang the song in it to them.
I repeat it here with nostalgia.

I'll love you forever
I'll like you for all time
As long as I'm living
You're Mommy I'll be.

The Mom starts singing this to her son at a tender age and even after the boy leaves home, she drives to his house, climbs in the window( on a ladder) and sings it to him while he sleeps.
The last page is the Mom old and tired and the boy rocking her singing to her of his love.
As I pondered that anew today, I thought about the phrase :
'As long as I am living.'
Recent events remind me that that day will come when I AM no longer living.( Actually I had a light bulb event yesterday regarding that, but that is another story). I am mortal- with a beginning and end.
Ah, but I know One, the only One who is not. One of His names is El Olam - God Eternal. We say,' His love endures forever'. And it does. When I am gone the memory of my love will be there for my children, but God will never die so the very presence of His love will endure forever.
What a soft pillow for a grieving soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home