Mother Mary Says

Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Buddy story

The other day I was walking Buddy toward the park. You may recall he has this teeny little problem of leash aggression. Anyway, I was walking and thinking of the day before when there was another dog at the park, unleashed and running toward us. We had to take off running with Buddy barking and trying to drag me back. We did make it safely home, that day.
Well this next day, as I was walking toward the park, I felt this fear come over me, this voice really, saying,
"You probably will run into that dog again and this time will not be able to control the situation. It will be too much for you".
At first, I was going to turn around and head home, though I knew Buddy NEEDED to go to the park.
Then I heard the Lord ask
" Are you going to walk by fear or faith?"
That stopped me in my tracks ,so to speak.
I remembered Carmen saying,
" Fear expects the worst to happen, faith expects the best to happen."
I was expecting the worst and thus walking by fear.
So I made a decision , held my head high and proceeded to the park.
It was an uneventful walk but a powerful lesson about who to listen to.
The next day I read this quote:

We should only fear is the Lord were not in control
We should worry only if the Lord were not able to meet our needs.
We should strive only if the Lord were not leading us.
We should doubt only if the Lord were not faithful.
We should be discouraged only if the Lord were not alive.

That requires some chewing and then action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home