Mother Mary Says

Sunday, January 29, 2006

The presentation

Jon has been watching too much Food Network TV. How do I know? Let me tell you what happened last night.
Since Jon was told he had high Triglycerides, we have been working on a Mediterranean diet. That includes more veggies and beans which you may remember up until this time I have hated. That has also meant many new recipes, some from the Food Network.
Another factor in this story is that Jon has been sick all week with bronchitis and, well, slightly grumpy.
Yesterday we had a new recipe but it was simply familiar items in a new form. It included celery, onion and Granny Smith apple browned. Added to that was cooked brown rice and cooked chicken. It was served together with chopped walnuts on top. The bread was our favorite potato and rosemary French bread.
When I put it on the table, Jon said
" The presentation is not very good!".
I just laughed and said, but it contains things you like and are good for you, so just eat it. To myself, I thought, where did he get the word or even think about the 'presentation'? I knew right away- TV.
Thinking about all this while I cleaned up the kitchen mess,I thought about how some people feel that way when they are presented the good news about Christ. The message is life changing but it is the presentation that turns them off. Too bad for it keeps them away from God even as he longs pour put his love on them.
So maybe the message is that presentation is more important then I thought, both in meal planning and in sharing my faith.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yesterday, while my husband was napping, I watched the Elvis Birthday Cake Contest on Food Network -- it was fantastic and definately all about the presentation!! However, the great napping one was not as asleep as I thought - he commented that it was notable that the one who won had not only the best presentation but was also the neatest/cleanliest!! :)

    ~ R ~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home