Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A wimp

I admit it. I am a wimp. Today I have to 'fast' for 24 hours before a test.I am allowed all the jello, tea and broth I want- YUM. To make matters worse, this evening I get to take some nasty stuff that will give me flu- like sypmtoms. Doing without is not my idea of the way to spend a fun day. But if it is necessary to detect possible colon cancer, so be it. My last test was clear so I am hoping that this one will be too.
I do love to eat, especially carbs. I have psyched myself out about all this and feel anxious. What a good example of trusting God! HA!
Then today I read in Proverbs that God wants me to trust him and cast my cares on Him. God gets more specific in the New Testament where he says, do not worry about food! I thought about how Jesus fasted to 40 days,. He didn't get to have lime jello or chicken broth. I only have to endure for 24 hours. What a wimp I am.
So today I am camping on this thought: I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength.
See you tomorrow at Round Table and don't get in front of me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home