Mother Mary Says

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Do you know?

We have just returned from a nice vacation to Santa Cruz. We enjoyed the beach, family and the thrift shops.
While we were gone, we have a friend house sit. That is when you really get to know someone. For instance,you know if their tea pot's spout is covered with a lid held in place with a paper clip. That is too long story to tell. Suffice it to say, I am cheap! Or take the ironing board cover. I knew I needed a new cover but now I have a lovely one, courtesy of my friend who must be a ironing freak to iron while away from home! I even have three new kitchen towels, color coordinated.
Truthfully, I tried to cover all the bases and think of what might need replacing. I bought some lovely new towels but for some reason she used an old one. I made sure there was food in the frig but I guess she ate out.
Oh well. You can't fool a friend. Nor would you invite a stranger to 'walk in your shoes' while you are gone. But in some ways, that is exactly what you do when you invite Christ to come and live in your life. And like my friend, when he comes he does some needed redecorating. A new attitude here, new wallpaper on the walls of your mind there, new motivations for why you do what you do.
He is as welcome as my dear friend and more so. Whatever he touches is permanently 'updated'.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just think of it as if she put love in places you wouldn't have thought to ... or picked a little flower that you had overlooked ...

    ~ R ~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home