Mother Mary Says

Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Little red hen

When we were at our daughter's house this last week we had a lovely dinner. Afterward she asked who would clean up the dishes so we could have the pumpkin pie that Gabriel had made. No one volunteered. That prompted me retell the story of the little red hen.
You will remember that she was making bread. First she had to grind the wheat.
" Who will help me grind the wheat?"
"Not I", they all said.
On and on the jobs went with no one offering to help.
Finally she said, "who will help me eat the bread?"
" I will" they all cried.
"No you won't", she countered. "You would not help before so now I will eat it alone!"
At the end of my story, Gabriel shouted out," Grandma and I will". To his credit he stayed until all the dishes were done. Then the pie was our reward.
King Solomon had something to say about all this:
A sluggard does not plow in season; so at harvest he looks but finds nothing.
Paul adds.:
If a man will not work, he shall not eat.
So I guess I had better get dinner going or we will not eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home