Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

STOP!

Yesterday my friend and I were walking in the regional park near our house. As we were just about back to the car, a little boy shot by us on his 'big wheel'. His Father was yelling for him to STOP and running after him as fast as he could go. The boy heard him alright but refused to stop. He was having FUN. The father was frantic and when he caught up with him, he was barely able to grab him before he hit the street.
'Close call, too close', he voiced his fear.
I thought about time that Gabriel did that to us. Only in his case, he ran that big wheel right into the path of an oncoming car. I was hysterical as Jon ran to grab him . This was even closer than the boy yesterday. But I guess that a miss is as good as a mile.
How foolish that boy was. He thought he knew better than his Dad. He thought he was just trying to spoil his fun.
I'm never like that, am I? Well, it's true that I do not have a big wheel and would not be able to ride on if I did. But all too often I ride on through life and ignore God's call. 'Stop that whining.' 'Don't answer back in kind.' 'Don't run ahead with your own plan; wait on me.' And just as often God has to catch me before I do something that will devastate my life or the life of someone else. Like that little boy's father, my Father has my best interest at heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home