Mother Mary Says

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Star flash

My youngest grandson Gabreil joined me yesterday for a last minute vacation. He came in time to get in on the 'star' search! Since I last wrote, no luck in catching and destroying this star. UGH!!!
Last night we did go on the net and did research about how to catch 'stars'. They were so hopeful- buy a mouse trap. Sure!! They don't know our 'star'.
This morning after a breakfast of pancakes, we were reading Proverbs 1. It talks about being wise -that is, knowing what to do and doing it. King Solomon writes- when rebellious ones entice you to go with their plan of evil- turn your back on them. Why? Because in the end, they will hurt themselves most of all.
I love verses 17, 18:
When a bird( 'star') sees a trap being set, it stays far away. But not these people! They set an ambush for themselves; they booby trap their own lives.
As we sat discussing what that meant, I referred to the 'star' watching as we set a trap for him. He probably laughs and stays just far enough away as necessary to avoid capture, but close enough to garner tasty leftover seeds . He is, in that sense, wise. I turned to point to the place that I often see the star as I was talking and he appeared! Talk about an object lesson. Ours was complete with 'star'.
Now, if we can just figure out how to outwit him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home