Mother Mary Says

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Is it worth it?

Today as I was making the bed funny thing happened. Well not really funny but kind of. I do this tricky thing of pinning the fitted sheet to the mattress. I know, I know. It is fitted right? well It is a king size sheet on a queen mattress. Don't even go there! I do that so that it stays on the mattress and does not wad up.
So, as I was doing my thing, I dropped one of the pins and it fell way down under the bed at the head of the bed. To reach it I would have had to bend down, crawl up the head of the bed on the floor( with the dust bunnies) and grab it.
I said to myself - out loud- 'It will just have to stay there. It is not worth it to put my back out when I have lots more.'
Just as the words left my mouth, God spoke in my mind,
'I will never say that to any lost one who cries out to me. I will come down, I did bend down, come down ,reach down. That is the whole point of the cross. You have about much worth as a tiny safety pin but I will give you value by my salvation, my love and my daily work in your life. Count on it. Rest in it.'

2 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, you're back.

    M.

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger drast said…

    I am so glad you have a blog spot. I love reading your posts. This one is inspiring. I love how you find God's word in everything you do. I hope to be able to quote scriptures like you one day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home