Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Did you see...?

Yesterday I took a nice walk early and watered my trees and pampas grass on the other side of our fence. I also watered the red climbing rose bush that is in full bloom just now. I wish it was in my yard where I could see it. So I decided to walk home, grab my shears and come back to cut an armload of roses to enjoy at home. And that is just what I did. I ended with a full armload and walked the block back to my house. Oon the way, I met a lady out for her walk. All of a sudden I realized that it looked like I had cut them from some neighbor's yard and was proudly taking them home. I had never seen this lady before and felt compelled to explain, but I didn't. They were, after all MY roses.
Things are not always what they seem. It seemed that I was a thief and I was not. She could have judged me and been wrong. How many times do I judge others when I do not have the info? Jesus said that I am to take the log out of my own eye, not worry about the sawdust in my neighbor's eye. Funny how the speck in someone else's eye is so much easier to see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home