Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

This and that

How time flies .
Grief work in so time consuming, including the scattering of my brother's ashes-which was like having the funeral all over again.
Heat to set records- 110+ for almost 2 weeks. UGH! It saps all your energy and motivation- or it did mine.
Then last week I ended up in ER and an overnight stay in the hospital. That was the same day my dear Sister by love had major surgery. If only we had been in the same hospital we could have encouraged each other face to face. We were both glad that prayer meant we could send love and hugs via God to each other. Not being able to email her seemed so hard since I can't email my brother now either. I will be glad when she can sit to write me again about her day.
The thing that sent me to the hospital was the same thing that my brother ignored- chest pain. It was increasing and more persistent and I could not ignore it. Oh how I wish he had not done so.
The diagnosis?
Healthy heart( how could they miss the broken part of my heart?)
So now we pursue GERD, my pancreas and anxiety( How could that be?)
My husband's kidding diagnosis:
Not wanting to let my 'sister' get all the attention. HA!
I know it was a hard day for Jon and feel sad that he had to face it alone.
Ruth felt sad I spent the night alone, by choice, since I knew the girls had jobs, etc and it was not life threatening. Besides, Jon had to get home to Buddy who missed me, I guess.
It was not a restful night, that is for sure, but God had prepared my heart, just that morning. He gave me a verse to include in a note to my sister in the hospital. Little did I know I would need it that night!
Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield. My HEART trusts in Him and I am helped. My HEART leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
Through the night watch and the tests the next day, I continued to quote that to myself and felt that peace that passes all understanding. I am so awed at how God gave it to me, before I needed it.
You go GOD!
I do trust you, I am helped and I do sing for joy.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    hey...um, i was sad too, wanted to come and read that "I Love You Forever" book to you, and i would have, should have, wish i had.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home