Mother Mary Says

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Impossible

Yesterday I single handedly plugged up the kitchen sink. Well, not on purpose mind you, but the fact was the same. Seems I did not run water long enough after I used the garbage disposal. Probably over the course of several months to be truthful.
We tried plan A: The old hose down the sink and towels in both sides and hope the pressure flushed it. HA!
The plan B : Run the hose up the outside drain and with me holding down the towels in the sinks. No water came up- Good. Well not in the sink, but the water flowed unimpeded up through the drain in the wash room- where the new laminate flooring is. So my error had created two crises.
We mopped, used the shop vac( which I managed to plug us) and then sat to consider our options.
"Well, if we just had some chewing gum, we would have it made".
"Huh?" my stunned husband said.
Well, Mcgyver can fix anything with the tin foil of chewing gum. Nothing is too hard for him."
" That is just a TV show. A very old TV show."
At that point, I began to cry. My brother had converted from Sponge Bob to Mcgyver recently and was working his way through the series.
I am amazed at what triggers the pain.
Just as quickly the Lord said,
' Try me. Nothing is too hard for me and that is a truth you can bank on. I don't even need tin foil or duct tape.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home