Mother Mary Says

Friday, June 23, 2006

911

This week I have been on overload with my OCD.
We are going away and a dear friend is house sitting for us. No ,she does not have to deal with Mr. Buddy. He is going to 'boot camp'. This is a vacation for her from her small apartment and we need someone to water.
The thing about having someone housesit is that I have cleaned places I have never thought to clean before and my kids think I am a neat freak already.
Have you seen the commercial for Monk on USA? He has the door knobs in the dishwasher. Well I can pride myself that I did not go that far, but as I scrubbed the door knob for the back door, the one most used, I decided that he had a good idea. NO, I did not remove them all and wash but just a thought for future reference. See- I am out of control.
Then it was the slider tracks. Full of saw dust from the remodel and dog hair, etc. UGH!
Even the area under my kitchen sink was not left untouched. I did find something there I can't mention, but will have to discreetly talk to my son in law about. Let's just say, S--- signs.
God showed me yesterday that OCD is worry.
Jesus said to Martha- who probably had OCD too,
' Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things. Your sister has chosen the better thing, sitting with me.'
It is true that my compulsive cleaning does distract from my love for and focus on the Lord.
Solution? I am not sure, but I am asking Father about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home