Mother Mary Says

Friday, June 02, 2006

Life is not....

Today I meant to write about the movie I saw last weekend, Life is Beautiful.
But life today is not beautiful. My only brother died yesterday.
What was he like:
Very bright
Gentle
Loved animals, astronomy, and race cars
Treasured his family
Learned to love kids in these last years, beginning with his precious granddaughters
Volunteered his time to teach kids after his retirement
Patient to answer my questions about our family of origin
Had many quirks just like mine
He will be dearly missed
I have unanswered email
A book to return
A last hug never given
A faith I longed to give him
How can the day be so ordinary?
How will my heart move beyond numb to grief ?
When I let myself cry ,will I be able to stop?
In the end, Only God is eternal, won't die, divorce me or betray me. I stand on that in my newly changed world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home