Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What is He like?

I love the bulbs peeking through the soil in my wine barrel. Each is unique and breathtaking in full bloom. I chose mostly shades of lavender- a favorite color. I also have pansies with their dear faces. I planted some new ones yesterday to replace those from fall that as leggy and ugly now.
The trees at our park as in bloom- so lovely with white flowers, though in truth they stink!
When I walk in the early mornings with Buddy I see the sun coming up and it too is awesome. Most often I miss the sunset but Jon sees it nightly with changing colors. All this and so much more screams that there is a Creator.
David put it this way: The heavens declare the glory of God. The skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Paul added that God's eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood from what was made.
So the real questions is not
"Is there a God?"
But what is He like?
And the answer is:
If you have seen Jesus, you know what God is like. See him in the pages of scripture and understand who he is and what he is like. Compassionate, forgiving, gracious and loving to all he has made, calling for them to come to him and find rest.
Are you asking the right question?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home